Dr. Marie O'Hara specializes in Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, also known as "CBT". This type of therapy has proved extremely beneficial for individuals suffering from mood disorders, anxiety, panic, and obsessive-compulsive disorder. CBT helps clients uncover and alter distortions of thought or perceptions which may be causing or prolonging psychological distress.
Listed below are some of Dr. Marie O'Hara areas of specialization:
- Panic Disorders
- Generalized Anxiety Disorders
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorders
- Post-Traumatic-Stress Disorders- Including Trauma Related Concerns (Sexual or Physical Abuse)
- Disordered Eating
- Bulimia Nervosa
- Gender & Women's Issues
- Gay & Lesbian Issues- Discrimination, Coming-Out, and Relationship Concerns
- Sexual Dysfunction
- Mood Disorders
- Stress Related Issues- Adjustment Problems Leading to Mood or Behavioral Difficulties
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, known as "CBT", deals with problematic thinking, specifically cognition distortions and behaviors which have become maladaptive. CBT explores how these interact (and the therapy might be blended with medication from an MD).
For more information about CBT, check out www.abct.org.